JamBallah NW is happening August 10-12 in Portland, OR.
Hopefully you’re already attending, but if you’re local and still on the fence, here are five good reasons why you should join us:
- Workshops are an excellent way to improve your dance. Elise always brings amazing instructors to JamBallah NW. This year is no exception, with a great selection of teachers from near and far. You could study with Ozgen, Aziza, Rin Ajna, Elena Villa, and so many more.
- There is no better way to refill your well of inspiration than by watching your fellow dancers perform live. JamBallah NW offers FIVE opportunities to see belly dance — two evening showcases featuring the instructors and other invited dancers, and three afternoon shows full of dancers of all levels.
- Do you like to shop? If so, there will be a fabulous assortment of vendors to tempt you with their wares. Sakkara Clothing & Costume is going to have a new capri pant design to show you, along with your tried-and-true favorites and a clearance rack you shouldn’t pass by.
- You’ll get to check out the new venue! JamBallah NW has moved to the Smith Memorial Student Union at PSU. Still centrally located in Portland, still all in one building, still easy to get to on public transportation.
- Finally, it is important to support the things you love. If you love belly dance, there’s so much value in getting out there and actually connecting with your fellow dancers face-to-face. Festivals give us that opportunity. So show your appreciation for the hard work the organizers do to provide this resource for the community. Attend a workshop or show. Buy some merch. And if your budget is tight, just show up and say “thank you” and soak up the good atmosphere.
We are looking forward to being a part of this weekend, and we can’t wait to see many of you there. Stop by the booth and say hello!