This great event is happening at the Seattle Center April 5-8.
We can’t wait–and not just because we’ll be vending!
Here’s a lineup of what to look forward to:
One of the best reasons to attend a belly dance festival is the opportunity to study with your favorite teachers. This year there are some interesting workshops from some of the best instructors in tribal/fusion belly dance:
- Tek Attack, Class of DUM! with Mardi Love (pictured above)
- Headdress Elevation with Martina Crowe-Hewett
- Picky Technique with Carolena Nericcio-Bohlman
- Impulse, Momentum, and Fluidity with Donna Mejia
When you get this many talented dancers together in one place, you know there will be some amazing performances. You’ll have five chances to catch some great belly dance.
- On Friday night at 9, catch The Emerald Vardo Opening Night Party at Vera Project. This show offers dance and live DJ sets in a cool nightclub style setting (which means yes, there are drinks, too)!
- Saturday night is the Theater Showcase at the Seattle Art Museum, from 8-10:30. This is a beautiful venue with a big stage and production quality.
- On all three days of Cues, students and aspiring professionals will show off their skills at the Serpents Muse showcases from 12:30-3. This free event happens at The Armory, in the same room as the vending.
Obviously we’ll be there with our collection of eco-friendly, handmade dance and street wear. But this is also a great opportunity to pick up a 25 yard skirt from Magical Fashions or a stunning belt from Fool Proof Studios. Check out the full Vendor List and start saving your pennies now, because you’re going to want to shop.
Don’t you hate it when you’re at a dance intensive and you have to find someplace to eat lunch? Well, The Armory has an entire food court downstairs, with everything from healthy vegan food to burgers with all the fixings. There’s also a few coffee places to get your caffeine fix.
Humor us. The blogger is always hungry. She’s thinking about the mini cheesecakes at The Armory…right now!
This is Your Last Chance!
Sadly, this is the last year of Cues & Tattoos. Let’s show Adrienne and Julia how much we appreciate the hard work they’ve done for the past decade by sending this beloved festival out with a big crowd and lots of love.
When: April 5-8, 2018
Where: Seattle Center
Vending: free and open to the public
Parking: available at lots and garages around Seattle Center