(aka an excellent excuse to clean your closet)
Have you seen our new Pocket Mini Skirts*? If so, you may have noticed that they’re made out of upcycled t-shirts! If you’ve been wanting one of these versatile skirts but haven’t seen one yet that speaks to you, we wanted to let you know about our new Upcycled T-Shirt program.
Send us your old t-shirt and we will convert it into a custom Pocket Mini Skirt for $65. If you send us 12 additional t-shirts, we’ll make your skirt for free! There’s no limit to how many t-shirts you can donate. If we can’t use any of the shirts you send, we will re-donate them to a WA non-profit charity. Of the shirts we use, any leftover fabric will be turned into ruffles, patches, and other nifty stuff, so your beloved t-shirts will live on (practically) forever!
The fine print
- We can only accept stretch knit t-shirts, any color. We cannot accept woven shirts or garments of any other kind.
- Shirts must be clean, in fair to excellent condition, without any odors or stains (but don’t worry about pit stains).
- Any style graphic is welcome, even abstract patterns like stripes, polka dots, etc.
- Designer reserves artistic license with pocket design placement.
Steps to Owning A Custom Pocket Mini Skirt
1. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for mailing address.
2. Ship your shirts! Include return address, contact info (name and email), and preferred skirt/size**/quantity. If you’re sending extra shirts for trade, please clearly note which one you want made into your skirt!
3. Allow 3 weeks for your skirt(s) to arrive. Include a postage receipt, or email a screen shot of your postage receipt and we will refund your shipping costs.
We look forward to giving your beloved t-shirts a new life.
*Pocket mini-skirt not your style? Don’t throw out that old shirt yet; we’re tinkering with new designs for 2020. Stay tuned!
**Not sure of your size? Consult our sizing chart or try on a Pocket Mini Skirt at one of our events!